Rumours have started circling that the Reds could well be in for Dortmund’s American teenage prodigy Christian Pulisic. So I took the time to take a look at his profile and see if he’ll fit in at Anfield in the current squad.
Who is Christian Pulisic
1. Cristian Pulisic is a midfielder.
2. Pulisic was born on 18 September 1998. He is an American citizen and signed for Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2015. He was promoted to the first team in January 2016 after scoring 10 goals and 8 goals in 15 matches with Borussia Dortmund under 19.
3. He managed to score two goals in nine games with Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga to become the fourth youngest player in the history of the Bundesliga to score and the first player to score two goals in the Bundesliga under the age of 18.
4. Cristian Pulisic has played nationally for the United States at under 15 and under 17 level. Klinsmann called him up to first team and scored a goal against Bolivia to become the youngest player in American history to score an international goal.
5. He has been compared by famous American Brian McBride, who starred in the Premier League with Fulham, to be a mixture between the speed of Marco Ruiz and the passing of Mario Gotze.
Arsenal have been sniffing around the player already although he has linked his future with Borussia Dortmund and does not want to leave the squad, according to a report published in some newspapers.
Arsenal however will have to join the queue with Tottenham and Real Madrid (as well as Liverpool) all interested.
And now reports suggest representatives of Liverpool were in attendance as the winger netted in Dortmund’s penalty loss to Bayern Munich recently.
It’s well known Klopp thinks highly of Pulisic and believes he will go on to great things. Whether that is at Anfield is another matter entirely.